This page is inspired by Wes Bos and his “uses” page.
Editor & Terminal
- VSCode is what I use most often for coding HTML, JS and CSS.
- PHPStorm is what I turn to when doing PHP which is almost always in the context of working on a Craft CMS plugin
- Sublime Text is my day to day text editor. Yes, this seems like overkill, but it just so fast and unfussy.
- iTerm 2 configured with Oh My Zsh
- I’m a huge fan of Alfred.
- Keyboard Maestro
- Carbon Copy Cloner — for onsite nightly backups
- Canary — I use this on both my Mac and iOS devices. Setting up signing and encrypting of your email is not easy, but this does make help a great deal.
- If you are a client of mine, you’ve probably received personal screencasts from me. I use Camtasia for Mac to make these videos.
- I’m currently using a Mac Mini with Apple Silicon.
- I have the LG Ultrafine 5K external monitor and an inexpensive Dell 4K monitor. The Mac mini only supports one Thunderbolt monitor and another HDMI monitor.